Saturday, October 9, 2010

"Why Leftists Want to Pull You All on Mass Transit"

By Steven Crowder

"It’s no secret that the environmental movement is ultimately designed to create new inroads into increased government control. All of the shots taken at emissions, the dependence on fossil fuels and noise pollution are designed to paint those things as symptoms of a problem, with the government able to step in as the solution. The root of their problem is ultimately your independence.

Do me a favor for a second. I want you to close your eyes, and think back to the day you first received your license. Do you remember that day? Do you remember that feeling?

Freedom. The world was your oyster and that license was your golden ticket. Granted, my 1982 Datsun was no Nightrider, but it didn’t matter… because it was mine. East coast, west coast, as long as I kept refilling my leaky radiator with water and my warped gasket managed to hang on for dear life, I was a free man. Most Americans see these kinds of tales as a right of passage. Democrats see them as a Wes Craven film."

submit to reddit Digg!

1 comment:

KennyR said...

Not only that but when environmental laws go into effect they are the most difficult or impossible to navigate.